Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

back button issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FrLopLady

FrLopLady
  • Villager
  • 4,860 posts

• Joined 20-January 10

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I've had this happen 3 or 4 times tonight.  I reply to a thread, it updates to the thread and when i try and go back I can't!  I have to go back to view new content to get back to the list.

Mary
E Washington State
Stashbustin' 2011 Final score -596, 2012! YTD -331
Stashbusting 2014 6/30/2014 YTD: +167

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

#2 Amy

Amy
  • Administrator
  • 9,492 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

Try clearing your broswer's cookies and cache. If the problem continues, let us know which browser and operating system you're using (include version).

Amy Shelton
Crochetville Co-Owner and Community Manager

Facebook Page | Crochetville Blog | Free Crochet Pattern Directory | Twitter | Pinterest

#3 FrLopLady

FrLopLady
  • Villager
  • 4,860 posts

• Joined 20-January 10

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

I'll give that a try Amy.  I will also try on my other computer and see if it does it there.  

Mary
E Washington State
Stashbustin' 2011 Final score -596, 2012! YTD -331
Stashbusting 2014 6/30/2014 YTD: +167

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

#4 MarshaRice

MarshaRice
  • Villager
  • 159 posts

• Joined 04-October 12

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

I've had this happen 3 or 4 times tonight.  I reply to a thread, it updates to the thread and when i try and go back I can't!  I have to go back to view new content to get back to the list.

This is happening to me as well, also on the old forum when you hit the back button I would go back to the spot where I left, now I go back to the top of the page and must scroll down to see the next topic, very annoying.

Marsha

LIFE'S SHORT, LIVE IT WELL

2013 Stashbusting CAL

WTD: -8, YTD: +3

#5 Donna

Donna
  • Administrator
  • 6,268 posts

• Joined 07-March 05

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

I don't think I'm able to duplicate this. Can you tell me exactly what happens after replying and clicking the back button?

When I post a reply to a thread, I am taken to the point in that thread where my reply is. I can scroll back up to read the replies above. If I click the back button, I am taken to the last page I visited -- which could be a previous page in the thread, or the forum page with the list of threads, (or where ever I was last before I posted the reply. I am using the latest version of Firefox on a Mac.

This is happening to me as well, also on the old forum when you hit the back button I would go back to the spot where I left, now I go back to the top of the page and must scroll down to see the next topic, very annoying.

What browser and operating system are you using? I'm not having a problem using the back button -- I am taken back to the spot on the page where I left.

Donna