Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

New Magazine - Crochet 1-2-3

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Empress Busy Bee

Empress Busy Bee
  • Villager
  • 9,020 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

There is a new crochet magazine:

http://www.crochet1-2-3.com/

Here are some of the patterns in it:

http://www.ravelry.c...ssue-1/patterns

#2 kittyloverdeb

kittyloverdeb
  • Villager
  • 6,844 posts

• Joined 22-February 07

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Thank you! I am subscribing by phone as I type! :cheer

Deb
Bag Lady #52 Miss Liberty 2010

#3 Janie

Janie
  • Villager
  • 602 posts

• Joined 30-May 05

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for the info! I'm going to check it out at Walmart.
Janie

#4 pat54

pat54
  • Villager
  • 3,180 posts

• Joined 20-January 08

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

I just tried and they said they were closed. I think I'll check it out at Walmart first. That's a very low subscription price. Always looking for new crochet magazines.

Pat

Proud Bag Lady #38 Good and Plenty

** Grannyannie's "Compassionate Creations"**

#5 bigfunfam

bigfunfam
  • Villager
  • 1,739 posts

• Joined 28-August 08

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Very cool! I'll check Walmart :)
Dee-Super Blessed Mom to 7 Treasures
Find me on Ravelry :)
2012 Christmas/Winter CAL - 10 Finished
2012 Bernat Mystery CAL - Finished
Any Afghan CAL 2012 - 15 Done
Dishcloth CAL 2012 - 13 Done

#6 imanurse55

imanurse55
  • Villager
  • 17,472 posts

• Joined 01-March 09

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Next time I'm at Walmart, I'll have to check this out. It looks like it has some nice patterns! And a girl can never have enough crochet magazines/patterns/yarn!!!

Joanne
Proud owner of Jelly Beans- Bag Lady #61!!(April 2011)

Make every day a good day!

#7 FrLopLady

FrLopLady
  • Villager
  • 4,862 posts

• Joined 20-January 10

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

wish they would get an online form going..or even a paypal link??

Mary
E Washington State
Stashbustin' 2011 Final score -596, 2012! YTD -331
Stashbusting 2014 6/30/2014 YTD: +167

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

#8 LI Roe

LI Roe
  • Villager
  • 1,344 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:37 AM

Thanks for the info. Will have to check it out at Walmart, hopefully it will also be available at other stores.

Based on what I saw on their website, looks very similar to the type of patterns that Crochet Today and Crochet world offer. Down to earth but cute ones.

A girl can never have enough crochet magazines (and all that goes with it).

LI Roe

#9 Afghaniac

Afghaniac
  • Villager
  • 2,461 posts

• Joined 16-July 05

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

With stacks and stacks of crochet magazines and books, I still subscribe to Crochet Today and recently got a digital subscription to Crochet! (just for one pattern!). But it's only rarely that I find patterns in them that I want to use. I get far more ideas from all the creative people on the Web who so freely share their designs. This new magazine does have a reasonable price, but I'm going to try and resist! I am glad, however, to see a new crochet pub, since knitting and quilting seem to get most of the attention.

#10 LI Roe

LI Roe
  • Villager
  • 1,344 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

Well, I checked Walmart, not there, even stopped at Barnes & Noble, since they have a bigger craft selection of magazines but not there either.

May see if AC Moore may have it if I am near there tomorrow.

LI Roe

#11 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan
  • Villager
  • 8,849 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Well, I checked Walmart, not there, even stopped at Barnes & Noble, since they have a bigger craft selection of magazines but not there either.

LI Roe

I'm pretty sure it is only sold at walmart, i remember reading that somewhere.
--Kathy
I'm Kathy-crochet on Ravelry.
It's official--I cannot type the word "stitch", it always comes out "sttich".
Callaway Stitchers crochet, knit, tat, sew, any fiber art! get-together in Fulton MO, Mondays at 5 p.m. Would love to have Villers join us! For more info, send me a PM.

"Advice to new crocheters on choosing a pattern" http://www.crochetvi...ad.php?t=107078

#12 eurolyons

eurolyons
  • Villager
  • 4,133 posts

• Joined 22-October 05

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

LI Roe

This magazine will be exclusive to Walmart. It will not be available at other stores. Why do I know this? Because I met the editor at the Reno Knit and Crochet Show last week. Twice. They will also have a Knit 1, 2, 3 magazine. One month the crochet magazine will come out, the next month the knit magazine will come out. I was under the impression that the magazine wasn't quite out to the Walmart masses just yet, but don't know when they were to be released.
2006 (One of these days I'll have more albums linked)
LeAnna

It's not a home unless there's a cat messing with my yarn...
"They would never give me enough work to last the whole day, so I'd work for 4 hours and then sit up in the crane and crochet," Mrs. Anna
Walentynowicz from Poland (paraphrased.)
"You've just got not to be so scared," Francesca's grandmother in Strictly Ballroom.

#13 eurolyons

eurolyons
  • Villager
  • 4,133 posts

• Joined 22-October 05

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

Okay, just clicked subscription tab and the release date was September 18th.
LeAnna

"They would never give me enough work to last the whole day, so I'd work for 4 hours and then sit up in the crane and crochet," Mrs. Anna
"You've just got not to be so scared," Francesca's grandmother in Strictly Ballroom.

#14 kittyloverdeb

kittyloverdeb
  • Villager
  • 6,844 posts

• Joined 22-February 07

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

When I called the number to subscribe I spoke with a very nice woman. She told me that my subscription would start with issue 2. I told her that I really wanted the Premier issue too and she let me order it from her. I didn't want to take a chance that my Walmart didn't have it. I'm so glad I ordered it by phone! :clap

Deb
Bag Lady #52 Miss Liberty 2010

#15 eurolyons

eurolyons
  • Villager
  • 4,133 posts

• Joined 22-October 05

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

When I called the number to subscribe I spoke with a very nice woman. She told me that my subscription would start with issue 2. I told her that I really wanted the Premier issue too and she let me order it from her. I didn't want to take a chance that my Walmart didn't have it. I'm so glad I ordered it by phone! :clap

If any of you are on Facebook, go to Crochet 1, 2, 3 and like their page...they have a comment about the magazines maybe not being all the stores right now...(so many stores, employees at the stores might not know about the magazines, etc...)
LeAnna

#16 losingmymind2

losingmymind2
  • Villager
  • 7,635 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

DD and I searched our local Walmart yesterday, no luck. Will search again next week because most stores get magazine delivery once a week.
Kathy
HELP! I'm drowning in yarn; but what a way to go!...send in HOOKS!
Wish List Group 6 updated 5/11

#17 Martha Z

Martha Z
  • Villager
  • 135 posts

• Joined 06-January 11

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

I picked up the magazine on the 15th. I found it near the yarn aisle. It's a nice magazine and all patterns used yarns that should be available in Walmart or other department stores....Bernat, Red Heart, Lionbrand, Caron Simply Soft and Peaches & Creme. The same company also publishes Knitting 1-2-3 and Kid's Crafts 1-2-3.

Edited by Martha Z, 21 September 2012 - 06:33 PM.

Martha
Wrinkles only go where smiles have been.
by Jimmy Buffett

#18 LI Roe

LI Roe
  • Villager
  • 1,344 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

This magazine will be exclusive to Walmart. It will not be available at other stores. Why do I know this? Because I met the editor at the Reno Knit and Crochet Show last week. Twice. They will also have a Knit 1, 2, 3 magazine. One month the crochet magazine will come out, the next month the knit magazine will come out. I was under the impression that the magazine wasn't quite out to the Walmart masses just yet, but don't know when they were to be released.

I had to go back to that Walmart again but it wasn't there. I am surprised that any magazine would be "exclusive" to one store. They severely reduce the number of potential customers and since Walmart has also decreased drastically their yarn and fabric aisle (more like a small closet in some stores) they are not going to get people thinking they have crochet magazines. I have to stop at another Walmart tomorrow, hopefully, it will there, if not, I am not going to worry about it. I would like to see the premier issue first, and having to ask for it on a new subscription just doesn't thrill me. But then again, that is my little humble opinion.

#19 luckybmr

luckybmr
  • Villager
  • 3,436 posts

• Joined 10-May 06

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

Went to my Walmart today and they didn't have it yet.

Briana

BAG LADY #56 "Indian Summer" November 2010

2014 Book Challenge 43/50

2013:18/50  2012:10/50  2011:17/50  2010:50/50

RAVERLY ID: luckybmr

#20 Amy

Amy
  • Administrator
  • 9,506 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yes, this magazine is going to be exclusive to Walmart, other than subscription. (Walmart has another exclusive magazine, called All*You or something like that.)

All patterns in this magazine will feature only yarns available at Walmart, focusing on worsted and bulky weight yarns.

Cari Clement, former Creative Director at Caron Yarns before they were bought by Spinrite, is editor of this magazine and Knit 1-2-3. Given the limitations of using only the yarns available at Walmart, she's going to do a fabulous job with the magazine.

Amy Shelton
Crochetville Co-Owner and Community Manager

Facebook Page | Crochetville Blog | Free Crochet Pattern Directory | Twitter | Pinterest