Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Baby Firefighter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alnee

Alnee
  • Villager
  • 277 posts

• Joined 24-November 09

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am trying my hardest to get back over here and post more often. I can not seem to keep my head above the water with all the projects I have going!!!! :)

I have a request from a friend. Her 1st grandson was just born. Her son has been a member of the fire dept for years... she got to playing on etsy and saw some adorable firefighter dress up/prop outfits for pictures and asked me if I could make them. I have never done hats or clothes for an infant so I really would like to have a pattern that would give me an approx gauge, etc.

Does anyone know where I can find the pattern for a firefighter outfit... hat, diaper cover with suspender straps, and boots. A free pattern would be great but I know that is not likely! I have no problem buying the pattern as long as it is available PDF since I need to get this made up ASAP!!!!

Thank you sooooooo much to anyone that can help me with finding this pattern. I did a quick search online but it just continues to send me to pictures of the outfits on etsy. I know I can most likely just wing it and make it by guessing at the pattern but I really, really would love to a successful pattern written out in front of me to follow!!!! :hook

Alnee

#2 Granny Square

Granny Square
  • Villager
  • 6,552 posts

• Joined 18-June 07

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:32 PM

Here are a couple of cute fireman hats and a bear (free)
http://www.ravelry.c...=free&sort=best

You could use a basic baby cardigan pattern and just make it black or tan with bright yellow stripes. Same with booties, just make the cuff a bit longer and add a stripe to the toe and the top. Google 'fireman photo' to get an idea, the clothing is pretty simple just stripey.

Edit, I red too fast and missed the diaper covers with suspenders. Hmm, maybe have grandma measure for you and just add crocheted strips crossed in the back to a plain diaper cover pattern?

Edited by Granny Square, 16 June 2012 - 04:43 PM.

Granny Square

#3 Empress Busy Bee

Empress Busy Bee
  • Villager
  • 9,021 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Baby set:

http://www.ravelry.c...ary/fireman-set

#4 Alnee

Alnee
  • Villager
  • 277 posts

• Joined 24-November 09

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for the help!!!!! I am off to get working on the project... hopefully I will get to post pictures of the final product on the little guy!