This pattern is not only free, but you may sell the finished product, just do not sell or distribute the pattern itself.
Also listed on ravelry if you want a pdf: http://www.ravelry.c...--ereader-cover
Simple Nook Color / eReader Pattern
Hook size – I
Yarn – 100% worsted weight cotton
Button 1” or desired size for project
Finished size: approximately 5.5” by 7.5”.
· Gauge – 3 sc and 3 rows equal 1 inch square. Be sure to check gauge and adjust hook size! I am a loose crocheter!
· This project is worked in the round. Do not turn at the end of rows.
· Ch 1 at the beginning of each row does not count as a stitch.
· Stitches used: single crochet (sc), slip stitch (sl) and chain (ch).
· I suggest a stitch marker in the 1st stitch of each round, moving it up as you work.
Round 1: sc in 2nd ch and next 11 ch. 3 sc in last ch, turn 90 degrees to unused loops of beginning ch and sc in next 11 ch. 2 sc in the loop of beginning sc (not in sc itself). Join with sl to 1st sc. (28)
Round 2: ch 1, 3 sc in same stitch, sc in next 11 sc, 3 sc in next, 1 sc in next, 3 sc in next, sc in next 11 sc, 3 sc in next, 1 sc in last and sl to join. (36)
Round 3 – 26: ch 1, sc in each sc around, at the end of round, join with sl. (36)
Round 27: ch 1, sc in next 31 stitches, ch 20 and without twisting chs, sc in last 5 sc, sl to join. (36 sc and 20 ch)
Finish off and weave in ends.
Pull ch 20 over opposite side to determine placement of button, hand sew button on front side, place ch 20 over to secure.
Edited by kuddlekubs, 05 May 2012 - 08:16 AM.