• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Miss_Jackie

Miss_Jackie
  • Villager
  • 43 posts

• Joined 20-December 09

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

I was working on a pattern and came across a cross double crochet stitch... I tried looking on youtube and couldn't find a good video of how to make this stitch. So I was wondering if someone on here could give me good directions on how to make this stitch. :think

#2 RoseRed

RoseRed
  • Villager
  • 15,286 posts

• Joined 11-January 07

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

A crossed dc takes 2 stitches to make.

- skip the 1st st and dc in the 2nd.
- then put a dc in the st that you just skipped.

#3 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan
  • Villager
  • 8,417 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Nexstitch has good descriptions and videos of back cross st http://www.nexstitch...oss_stitch.html
There is also front cross st, look for it in the column to the left
--Kathy
I'm Kaycrochet on Ravelry.
It's official--I cannot type the word "stitch", it always comes out "sttich".
Callaway Stitchers crochet, knit, tat, sew, any fiber art! get-together at the Fulton MO public library Mondays at 5 p.m. Would love to have Villers join us! For more info, send me a PM.

"Advice to new crocheters on choosing a pattern" http://www.crochetvi...ad.php?t=107078

#4 Miss_Jackie

Miss_Jackie
  • Villager
  • 43 posts

• Joined 20-December 09

Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

Thank you both of you:)

#5 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan
  • Villager
  • 8,417 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

You're welcome:)
--Kathy
Callaway Stitchers crochet, knit, tat, sew, any fiber art! get-together at the Fulton MO public library Mondays at 5 p.m. Would love to have Villers join us! For more info, send me a PM.

"Advice to new crocheters on choosing a pattern" http://www.crochetvi...ad.php?t=107078

#6 RoseRed

RoseRed
  • Villager
  • 15,286 posts

• Joined 11-January 07

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:13 AM

You're very welcome.

#7 kayscrochet

kayscrochet
  • Villager
  • 78 posts

• Joined 04-May 12

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

The DC cross stitch is one of my all time favorite stitches. Love!

edgepeaceblanket.jpg

#8 stillwjo

stillwjo
  • Villager
  • 437 posts

• Joined 23-August 07

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

How many chains would you use for a cross stitch pattern? Or, I guess it's just a matter of even or odd number. I suppose I could just do a set of 5 or so so I wouldn't have to undo 100+ if I was wrong.

What's the best way to figure out how many chains you have to do for a pattern to work out evenly? In this case, it takes 2 stitches for the pattern and I'm using DC so I skip 2 stitches for my initial turning chain so...EVEN number of chains? Or is it odd because I'm starting in the 3rd chain? I'm so confused.

Help?
John S

Programmer/Crocheter
Bolivar, MO

#9 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan
  • Villager
  • 8,417 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

How many chains would you use for a cross stitch pattern? Or, I guess it's just a matter of even or odd number. I suppose I could just do a set of 5 or so so I wouldn't have to undo 100+ if I was wrong.

What's the best way to figure out how many chains you have to do for a pattern to work out evenly? In this case, it takes 2 stitches for the pattern and I'm using DC so I skip 2 stitches for my initial turning chain so...EVEN number of chains? Or is it odd because I'm starting in the 3rd chain? I'm so confused.

Help?

Personally i would just make a swatch of it....chain a good length and make as many cross sts as you want. Be sure that you have your first row set up so the second row will work out, etc.

Or draw it out on paper.
--Kathy