9 replies to this topic

#1 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan

• Villager
  • 9,039 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

http://www.vogueknit..._preview.aspx#4
The preview is up for this special issue, due in early May.

I think a lot of the designs are very attractive. I know the long white dress is by Kristin Omdahl, i would not wear it but i like it, and could see using the stitch pattern in something else. I like the white wave stitch top, and the olive top with split sleeves, they seem very wearable. I like the blue wrap cardi made of motifs.

I like granny squares, even for clothing sometimes, but....well, i dont love these granny square designs.

Will be glad to see bigger/better photos of all of them, and it looks like some good articles (click on the buy button to see the table of contents). And i am even interested to see the ads!:lol
--Kathy
I'm Kathy-crochet on Ravelry.
It's official--I cannot type the word "stitch", it always comes out "sttich".
Callaway Stitchers crochet, knit, tat, sew, any fiber art! get-together in Fulton MO, Mondays at 5 p.m. Would love to have Villers join us! For more info, send me a PM.

"Advice to new crocheters on choosing a pattern" http://www.crochetvi...ad.php?t=107078

#2 Granny Square

Granny Square

• Villager
  • 6,671 posts

• Joined 18-June 07

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Now I have 'Chain Chain Chain' going thru my head :lol

Lots of neat things! I agree with you on the Granny Squares. I think my favorites are the feather & fan top, the sox of all things even though I wouldn't wear them, and the bangle bracelets.

Granny Square

#3 smokeyp81

smokeyp81

• Villager
  • 3,104 posts

• Joined 30-September 05

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

Oh my word! What beautiful things! I hadn't seen the preview...just the cover. I'm totaly smitten with the wrap from the cover.

You can see bigger pictures by clicking on any in the preview. Most of them have 2 photos when you do that!

<p>Heather2014 Book Challenge:2150

Book Challenge: 2011-30/50 2012-35/50 2013-20/50

Bag Lady #67 Jack-O-Lantern - October 2011

#4 papersmiles

papersmiles

• Villager
  • 473 posts

• Joined 05-January 06

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

These designs are beautiful. My favs are the red turtle back cardigan, the white ripple stitch top and the "socks". I can't imagine wearing such extravagant socks but I sure would like to make them...LOL.

Thanks so much. I'll be keeping an eye out for this edition.

#5 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan

• Villager
  • 9,039 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

The digital edition for ipad is available already...I just downloaded it!

I am looking forward to seeing the ads, Vogue always has ads for interesting things and i wonder which yarn companies decided to advertise in thie crochet issue:hook
--Kathy
Callaway Stitchers crochet, knit, tat, sew, any fiber art! get-together in Fulton MO, Mondays at 5 p.m. Would love to have Villers join us! For more info, send me a PM.

"Advice to new crocheters on choosing a pattern" http://www.crochetvi...ad.php?t=107078

#6 Empress Busy Bee

Empress Busy Bee

• Villager
  • 9,034 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

Love a lot of things in this issue!
I agree the socks are beautiful.
And I love that Blue Wrapped Tunic. Not to mention the blue cardigan.
The blue bracelets and the black bracelets are so cute.
I actually do like the Granny Square Coat and think it looks cozy. I also like the Granny Square dress and think it would look so cute on my daughter, with leggins.

My favs are the red turtle back cardigan

I don't know what you are talking about. If you mean the Circle Jacket, I like it, too.

I don't like the cover wrap. It reminds me of those flower pop off motif things.

#7 magiccrochetfan

magiccrochetfan

• Villager
  • 9,039 posts

• Joined 17-January 07

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

My opinions are changing as i look at the issue more. The turquoise and white top by Kazekobo, and the lavender wrap cardi by Jennifer Hansen are growing on me. i may be warming up to the granny designs too. I know i won't make the coat with the little circles, but it is inspiring.

I forgot that vogue has videos of each design until somebody on ravelry linked them http://m.youtube.com...288BCE2EA445E2E
Great way to see what they look like from diffrent angles.
--Kathy

#8 nicolep

nicolep

• Villager
  • 5,301 posts

• Joined 07-May 09

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Fun! There are some gorgeous patterns in there, but I'm not feeling the granny square wearables. I'm not a fan of any granny square in anything other than an afghan though.

I also have "Chain, Chain, Chain" stuck in my head. :lol

Nicole

Proud recipient of Turtle's TLC
Proud Bag Lady LXIII - June Bouquet
2013 Book Challenge - 3/50

#9 pineapplequeen

pineapplequeen

• Villager
  • 11,607 posts

• Joined 07-September 07

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

I can't wait to buy this issue.
Love the cowl.

2014 Book Challenge-100/50
2013 Book Challenge 111/50

#10 Afghaniac

Afghaniac

• Villager
  • 2,461 posts

• Joined 16-July 05

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

I love the necklaces, and if I weren't such a klutz with skinny hooks and thread I'd make some.