• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CLLinda

CLLinda
  • Villager
  • 7,652 posts

• Joined 10-September 05

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

I finally got a chance to watch "The New Girl" on Fox last night. It's a show about a girl living with a few guys in an apartment, and the problems that arise out of it.

Last night on the show, the girl had friends over and they were crocheting, and knitting. It looked so cute. And the girl even invited another girl to crochet. I thought it was a nice show.

:manyheart

Stashbusting score for 2014.  WTD= +5 YTD= +70.  Bonze medal winner 1/5/14, Silver medal winner 1/26/14, 3/30/14! Gold medal winner for February YTD and Silver Medal winner for March YTD!   Linda W.* 1 year Breast Cancer Survivor!!!
A special place in my heart goes to www.carewear.org Bag lady #72! Thanks, Tampa Doll!
Stashbuster 2008 *257 Bronze Medal* 2009 Stashbusting final score YTD=+19! 2011 Final Stashbusting score -19! Stashbusting scores for 2012 final score+36! Opted out in October. Pray for our kids to keep them safe. RIP Dad, 8/31/08. RIP Davy Jones 2/29/12   :manyheart

#2 gorskeda

gorskeda
  • Villager
  • 20 posts

• Joined 16-July 11

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

I saw that too, I've been watching New Girl since it first aired (well dvr'ng then watching)

I LOVED when the girl was just stabbing the crochet hook into the piece of work, then Zoe said aww look you made a hat for a baby! It's so like creating your own crochet - you start out to make a dog, and end up with a gopher.

:crocheting

#3 Tampa Doll

Tampa Doll
  • Villager
  • 23,477 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:28 AM

Yeah, I was just going to mention this.

I thought it was so cool, and they actually used the work Crochet, instead of knit like they do so often. Drives me nuts when they say look at what I knitted and it is crocheted.:angry

Anyway, it was cool to see it.:hook

#4 The Zany Bishojo Evalana

The Zany Bishojo Evalana
  • Villager
  • 70 posts

• Joined 03-March 09

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

I only saw the promo, but I thought it looked like crochet. I didn't have time to watch it when it was on, but I'll definitely check it out on hulu or something.
Can Mark scramble down a cliff to pull a guy out of a car that has burst hilariously into flames? You bet! Does it matter that Mark already punched this guy out earlier? Nope! Mark giveth (punches) and taketh (you) away (from burning cars)! Mark does it all!
- The Comics Curmudgeon
Visit my blog, The Rabbit Hutch

#5 Peggy85225

Peggy85225
  • Villager
  • 14,704 posts

• Joined 27-November 06

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

I saw it too and also thought it was pretty cool.

[FONT="]Delighted recipient of C'Ville tote #65 Wild Raspberries

Butterflies...flowers that fly and all but sing.
~ Robert Frost

[/FONT]

#6 BrendaMarie68

BrendaMarie68
  • Villager
  • 17 posts

• Joined 17-February 12

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

I saw it, too (I actually NEVER miss it because I adore Zooey). She called it "crochet night". I did giggle at the girl "knitting" (she just WASN'T). I love that Zooey actually DOES crochet (and not just go through the motions). I always love to hear about celebrities who knit or crochet (ESPECIALLY men... hello... did you know Russell Crowe knits???).

#7 Aussie_Paula

Aussie_Paula
  • Villager
  • 509 posts

• Joined 18-February 09

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

I never knew Russell Crowe knits! Did anyone watch 'Road to Avonlea'? Michael Mahonen, the guy who played Gus crochets.
Friendship-ghan squares CAL - 12",any colour,prefer solid patterns - 22/30
New friend wishlist
MY BLOG: Contented Crochet

#8 CLLinda

CLLinda
  • Villager
  • 7,652 posts

• Joined 10-September 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

I saw it, too (I actually NEVER miss it because I adore Zooey). She called it "crochet night". I did giggle at the girl "knitting" (she just WASN'T). I love that Zooey actually DOES crochet (and not just go through the motions). I always love to hear about celebrities who knit or crochet (ESPECIALLY men... hello... did you know Russell Crowe knits???).

It's amazing when we find out a celebrity knits or crochets.

:manyheart

Stashbusting score for 2014.  WTD= +5 YTD= +70.  Bonze medal winner 1/5/14, Silver medal winner 1/26/14, 3/30/14! Gold medal winner for February YTD and Silver Medal winner for March YTD!   Linda W.* 1 year Breast Cancer Survivor!!!
A special place in my heart goes to www.carewear.org Bag lady #72! Thanks, Tampa Doll!
Stashbuster 2008 *257 Bronze Medal* 2009 Stashbusting final score YTD=+19! 2011 Final Stashbusting score -19! Stashbusting scores for 2012 final score+36! Opted out in October. Pray for our kids to keep them safe. RIP Dad, 8/31/08. RIP Davy Jones 2/29/12   :manyheart