• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 brendak1010

brendak1010

• Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 18-November 11

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

Hi, i'm new here. i noticed that you can request things, so here i go. i have one Hero aluminum crochet hook, and use it constantly. i just love it. i have tried to find others, like on Ebay, etc. haven't had any luck. Anyone have any that they wouldn't mind parting with and would like to sell or trade for?
Brenda

#2 kittyloverdeb

kittyloverdeb

• Villager
  • 6,868 posts

• Joined 22-February 07

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

I absolutely LOVE my Hero hooks! I got them all on eBay...you just need to keep checking. Good luck finding anyone that is willing to part with a Hero hook.

Deb
Bag Lady #52 Miss Liberty 2010

#3 kidge

kidge

• Villager
  • 4,093 posts

• Joined 22-September 06

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

I tried to look up Hero Hooks to see what they look like and couldn't find any... kept redirecting me to Boye.... If you have a picture I can look through my collection. I buy "lots" of crochet hooks for swaps and teaching people.... I very well may have some but don't know what I am looking for

I absolutely LOVE my Hero hooks! I got them all on eBay...you just need to keep checking. Good luck finding anyone that is willing to part with a Hero hook.

Hugs n' Hooks

Kidge

Ravelry ID - Kidge
Ville Friendship Ghan 12" Squares (Pink Green or Creme color combos fine)
Swap Coordinator 2012 -

#4 kittyloverdeb

kittyloverdeb

• Villager
  • 6,868 posts

• Joined 22-February 07

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:59 PM

Well Kidget they actually do look like Boye hooks but there is just something about them...not sure if it is the shape or the smoothness but they are wonderful to work with. You would definitely know a Hero hook because they are stamped Hero just like Boye's are.

I had bought one off eBay once because someone on here had mentioned them. I loved it soooo much that I bought a couple more as time went on. Then one day I checked and would you believe it was an entire set in a case for like $15!!! The seller actually emailed me to ask what the big deal with them are because they got alot of requests.

Deb

#5 spiritwalker

spiritwalker

• Villager
  • 1,045 posts

• Joined 25-September 11

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

I find this interesting. I have been crocheting for over 50 years and have
never heard of them. I have many sets of hooks and would like to find and try these. I will be on the look out for them.

#6 Lucyf

Lucyf

• Villager
  • 88 posts

• Joined 28-April 07

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

I have 3 Hero hooks. Size I,H, and a size 2 steel hook. PM me if your interested.

#7 MsSaya

MsSaya

• Villager
  • 105 posts

• Joined 28-October 11

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

there are several for sale right now on Ebay, most in groups of others

#8 DebraKay

DebraKay

• Villager
  • 2,319 posts

• Joined 23-February 10

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:03 PM

I have never heard of them either! I will have to give them a try now that a couple of you have raved about them but I will hold off the ebay auctions right now so those who were actually looking for them can have a shot at them. I am also trying very hard not to buy anything except Christmas presents for others. Christmas is sneaking up on me this year! I like to be done by Thanksgiving and that is not happening this time. I'm working on it though. I mostly buy everything online or make it. I really hate going to the mall, especially this close to Christmas!

♥♥♥ The World's My Oyster ~ Full of Pearls & a Little Grit! ♥♥♥
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/fldebra/ ~~ Facebook: http://facebook.com/DebraKayHarscher[/COLOR]

*´¨)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ [B]Debra Kay

#9 CLLinda

CLLinda

• Villager
  • 7,732 posts

• Joined 10-September 05

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:42 PM

I have found Hero Knitting needles, but not crochet hooks. Does anyone know how old they are about?

:manyheart

Stashbusting score for 2014.  WTD= +3  YTD= +55  bonze medal winner 1/5/14, Silver medal winner 1/26/14, 3/30/14! Bronze winner 4/27/14.  Gold medal winner for February YTD, April YTD and Silver Medal winner for March YTD and May!   Linda W.***** 2 year Breast Cancer Survivor!!!*****
 Bag lady #72! Thanks, Tampa Doll!
Stashbuster 2008 *257 Bronze Medal* 2009 Stashbusting final score YTD=+19! 2011 Final Stashbusting score -19! Stashbusting scores for 2012 final score+36! Opted out in October due to Breast Cancer Diagnosis. Pray for our kids to keep them safe. RIP Dad, 8/31/08. RIP Davy Jones 2/29/12   :manyheart

#10 Bailey4

Bailey4

• Villager
  • 3,690 posts

• Joined 22-December 10

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:19 PM

Well Kidget they actually do look like Boye hooks but there is just something about them...not sure if it is the shape or the smoothness but they are wonderful to work with. You would definitely know a Hero hook because they are stamped Hero just like Boye's are.

I had bought one off eBay once because someone on here had mentioned them. I loved it soooo much that I bought a couple more as time went on. Then one day I checked and would you believe it was an entire set in a case for like $15!!! The seller actually emailed me to ask what the big deal with them are because they got alot of requests.

Thanks for explaining where they came from.

My Aunt helped me learn to crochet a few years ago and gave me her Aunt's crochet case with a bunch of hooks in it. I have an H Hero, but never realized why it was labeled differently. I've always loved the original hooks I got from her even though I've added to my collection because they are now in their third generation of use in this family. I will have to tell her about this when I see her on Thanksgiving. Thanks for giving me a bit more history about this special gift.

My Blog: Craft Attic Resources
Proud Bag Lady #87 Lilacs

Something New Wishlist #4
Book Challenge 2014 #235 2013 #398
2014 WTD  +2 YTD -131 2013 YTD +26

Ornament Swap 2014, Favorite Color Swap 2014, Amigurumi Swap 2014, Magic Ball Swap 2014, Dishcloth Swap 2014, Amigurumi Swap 2013, Dishcloth Swap 2012, Amigurumi Swap 2012, Starts With A Swap 2012, Notion Swap 2012, Holiday Gift Exchange 2011, Favorite Color Swap 2011, Kit Swap 2011

#11 kittyloverdeb

kittyloverdeb

• Villager
  • 6,868 posts

• Joined 22-February 07

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

I'm not actually sure how old they are but one that I have is in the original plastic sleeve that it was sold in and the price is 35 cents! I'm guessing they are pretty old. It also says on there Skovill so I'm thinking that may be the manufacturer of the hooks.

Deb