Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Gripeaze comfort handle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maltesergr8

maltesergr8
  • Villager
  • 12 posts

• Joined 28-June 11

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

Has anyone ever used the Gripeaze Comfort Handle on either their crochet hooks or knotting needles?

I have arthritis in my hands & am always looking for a "cushy" type of grip for my crochet hook; I came across this Gripeaze & thought I'd ask around for opinions before ordering.

Thanks,

Beth

#2 DebraKay

DebraKay
  • Villager
  • 2,319 posts

• Joined 23-February 10

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

I am curious too -- looks so odd, I was afraid to order. I did find some relief by using JIMBO's hand-carved wood hooks. They are fatter and have a great thumb rest. They help me a great deal. I have been tempted to order a steel-sized hook from him and see if I could work with thread again.

♥♥♥ The World's My Oyster ~ Full of Pearls & a Little Grit! ♥♥♥
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/fldebra/ ~~ Facebook: http://facebook.com/DebraKayHarscher[/COLOR]

*´¨)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ [B]Debra Kay

#3 acraftylady

acraftylady
  • Villager
  • 3,603 posts

• Joined 03-September 06

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

What is the velcro for around it, maybe you put your hand through the velcro? This set is similar to that but no velcro. Some of the ladies at prayer shawl ministry love the clover soft touch hooks.

http://www.lionbrand...1922242899.html

#4 krodrig99

krodrig99
  • Villager
  • 186 posts

• Joined 19-May 11

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:13 AM

Looks like the velcro is to hold the two halves together. If so, it doesn't seem that it would be comfortable to grip. I use the clover soft touch hooks and love them.

#5 BADAMS4107

BADAMS4107
  • Villager
  • 2 posts

• Joined 11-January 12

Posted 11 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

I've always received a special peace when thread and/or yarn passed through my fingers as I created crochet things. But then I got Osteoarthritis and could no longer crochet because my hand would go into a very painful "claw" and I'd have to massage it for a long time to have it go back to normal.

After being unable to crochet for 10 YEARS, my Daughter gave me a GRIPEAZE. This simple device has given me back the love of my life - CROCHET!

It's a simple "egg". The crochet hook (paint brush, pen, pencil, etc) goes between the two halves and the velcro holds the halves together securely. You hold the GRIPEAZE with a more open hand because the fingertips hold the GRIPEAZE. I know, it sounds strange, but it was actually very easy to adapt to the GRIPEAZE. It's easier to keep my stitches uniform now. I just make sure each stitch goes to the same place on the crochet hook by the placement of the GRIPEAZE. The best part is I no longer have to deal with pain in my hands and I can once again enjoy creating!

Since October 2011, I've created hats for each of my 7 grandchildren, 3 name doilies and 5 large filet crochet wall hangings (one was 54 x 52 of a house in a country setting with the words GOD BLESS OUR HOME - another was a baby gift that was almost as large of a bear holding a balloon with the name of the baby crocheted inside the balloon) for Christmas presents!!! No one can believe that I hadn't been able to crochet for 10 years when they look at my crochet now!

I strongly encourage everyone who deals with pain in her/his hands to get a GRIPEAZE. I'd love to know what you think about it after you've used it. It has made a huge difference in my life!