Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Turtle soap holder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KarensCrochet.com

KarensCrochet.com
  • Villager
  • 7 posts

• Joined 01-October 11

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

I am looking for a pattern my Grandma made had to be back in the 60's. So it would be a vintage pattern. It was a turtle that you could put a bar of soap in, it was made with crochet thread, I think #10 (If that one is finer in thickness than #3 is). It had a opening on the belly of the turtle to put your soap in. It wasn't a solid pattern it was more like a doily type pattern made into a turtle, if that makes sense? I'm guessing it would have been three pieces, the top/back of the turtle, and two for the underside, then the border would piece them together and make the turtle shape.

Anyone have a similar pattern or even a pattern back from the 60's that might resemble this?

#2 noel

noel
  • Villager
  • 41 posts

• Joined 13-October 11

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:54 AM

Here is a free pattern I found: http://www.allfreecr...rtle-Soap-Cover

#3 Cef

Cef
  • Villager
  • 10 posts

• Joined 20-January 10

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Did you ever find your pattern for the Vintage turtle Soap cover, my mother-in-law was telling me how her grandmother use to make them. And she remembers that you enter the bar of soap (Sweet Heart) from the back. I have found only two patterns so far, and both of them the bar enters from the top, with a draw string. Her grandmother died in 1955. So that tells you how old this pattern might be. 

Charlotte

#4 Cef

Cef
  • Villager
  • 10 posts

• Joined 20-January 10

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'm getting a nice list of turtle soap holders, but not the right one. Please let me know if you found the turtle soap cover, that the bar of soap enters through the back, or the underneath of the turtle

#5 tobybob

tobybob
  • Villager
  • 2,614 posts

• Joined 16-October 05

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:38 AM

Cef, If you click on her name you can see when she was on here last. It was in Feb. Maybe send her message and she would be alerted that your working on it for her and or you could get an answer to your question.

Marlene