• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shuttlebuggy

shuttlebuggy
  • Villager
  • 3,518 posts

• Joined 19-January 07

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

I spent the day in "phase 1" of getting my "Glory Room" situated!
And believe you me - I WILL be in my glory in there with all my books (paper & audio), patterns, yarn, and such!

DD is moving her furntiture both stored and from her room out next week ~ it is all stationed at this point out in our garage on tarps.

So now that her room is cleared out & cleaned out - the transformation to my "Glory Room" has begun! :yay:yay:yay

The organized craft closet that I showed pics of here on the 'Ville will now have those nice neatly organized bins moved up to the Glory Room whose closet spans one whole wall of the room!!!

Right now I have a spare dresser and sideboard to hold materials, notions, and tools. Along with craft kits (bagged kind) and the like. I have a rocker, craft light and book case (already filled with my hardbound craft and pattern books). I also have my favorite wip craft baskets in there too.

So tonight the bins will make their way up there to complete Phase 2!

I will be sure to take pics if not today - soooon - so you can see ;)

~~Shuttlebuggy~~ {aka - Mary}
"There are 3 things we can never have enough of ~ great yarn, nice hooks & lovely C'Ville friends!"

*Recipient of Tampa Doll's LV 2010 October Trick or Treat C'Ville Bag*

#2 Peggy85225

Peggy85225
  • Villager
  • 14,704 posts

• Joined 27-November 06

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

How exciting, enjoy. I have hopes of having my own "glory room" in the years to come. I too have big plans for it!

Edited by Peggy85225, 17 September 2011 - 02:22 PM.

[FONT="]Delighted recipient of C'Ville tote #65 Wild Raspberries

Butterflies...flowers that fly and all but sing.
~ Robert Frost

[/FONT]

#3 shuttlebuggy

shuttlebuggy
  • Villager
  • 3,518 posts

• Joined 19-January 07

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:33 PM

That's awesome Peggy!

Mine is a transformation of sorts but that's what makes it fun - changing it this way and that when I like! The other nice feature is that many times I crochet in bed - and the room is upstairs right across from my room - so when I get inspired at night or am in the midst of a wip that needs more yarn - I won't have to trudge all the way down to the family room (in our cellar) and wrestle with crates and totes in a tight closet space anymore!:cheer

I think I began to envision it when dd left for college some years back :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol
but that was a little premature!;)

Then as we were preparing for her Bridal Shower a dear friend made her a box of doilies and when I went to pick them up from her she showed me hers and told me of how her "Glory Room" came to be when they were designing their retirement home!

So she said the best remedy for looking at the empty nest was to FILL IT! With threads - yarns - crafts and the like! ;)
And so I am following her sagely crafty advice :manyheart

~~Shuttlebuggy~~ {aka - Mary}
"There are 3 things we can never have enough of ~ great yarn, nice hooks & lovely C'Ville friends!"

*Recipient of Tampa Doll's LV 2010 October Trick or Treat C'Ville Bag*

#4 kittyloverdeb

kittyloverdeb
  • Villager
  • 6,678 posts

• Joined 22-February 07

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:58 PM

How exciting for you! Can't wait to see pictures! I would love to have a glory room but our house just isn't big enough. I have too much "glory" and not enough "room"!!! :lol

Deb
Bag Lady #52 Miss Liberty 2010

#5 RoseRed

RoseRed
  • Villager
  • 15,286 posts

• Joined 11-January 07

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

I can't wait to see it!

At least yours is already staged - mine is a mess contained in boxes - ugh!

#6 DebraKay

DebraKay
  • Villager
  • 2,319 posts

• Joined 23-February 10

Posted 18 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

...So she said the best remedy for looking at the empty nest was to FILL IT! With threads - yarns - crafts and the like! ;)
:manyheart

I love this and am saving the quote! I guess I have actually followed this advice since my youngest went off to college, without knowing my exact reason for doing so. I have bought more crochet patterns, books, yarn and supplies since he left than the whole rest of my life. I will never live long enough to use it all -- but it has filled a portion of the huge vacancy left here. I haven't used his room, it is just the same as he still comes home for breaks. But I am doing a good job at filling my craft room and starting to spill out into the main areas of the house. I need to be careful -- I may be taking this "filling" a little far. :D

♥♥♥ The World's My Oyster ~ Full of Pearls & a Little Grit! ♥♥♥
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/fldebra/ ~~ Facebook: http://facebook.com/DebraKayHarscher[/COLOR]

*´¨)

¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ [B]Debra Kay

#7 Apak

Apak
  • Villager
  • 2,295 posts

• Joined 02-August 09

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

Oh you are so lucky to have such space for your crafts! I'm waiting to see the pics!
Anna

#8 Monique39

Monique39
  • Villager
  • 18,044 posts

• Joined 01-February 08

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

Can't wait to see it too!