• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 swoosie

swoosie
  • Villager
  • 1 posts

• Joined 10-April 05

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:25 AM

I am already starting my crochet holiday gifts and am looking for crochet patterns for: breast feeding coverup(not sewn if possible)which would be quick and easy to crochet. I am also looking for crochet patterns for: christening gowns for baby girls/boys.
you can contact me by sending an email to me at: zoowe00@yahoo.com
thanks everybody
swoosie

#2 Bellisima

Bellisima
  • Villager
  • 118 posts

• Joined 02-April 05

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:45 AM

I knew I had remembered seeing this in Crochet Me...it was designed specifically for nursing....
Privacy Wrap
HTH :)

#3 Sabra

Sabra
  • Villager
  • 511 posts

• Joined 13-April 05

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:06 AM

The linked wrap is very pretty. In general, though, I just recommend making shawls. The bulkier coverups out there make it way too obvious what you're doing, and no one wants to eat with what's essentially a blanket over their heads. Any lacy shawl pattern should give a new mama confidence without hanging a neon "Nursing in Public" sign over her head.

Here are some links to nice shawl patterns:
Beautiful Baskets Shawl (.pdf format)
Blue Jeans Shawl
Country Cotton Shawl (You'd need to make this somewhat bigger than the pattern calls for.)
Easiest Shawl Ever (Please, dear Lord, leave off the tassels...)
Elegant Shawl
Sparkling Evening Capelet (.pdf file)
Everday Shawl
Pretty in Pink Stole (.pdf file)

In general: leave off any fussy edgings, especially stuff like tassels or fringe. If you're unsure about a pattern, just ask yourself if you'd want to drape it over your face and drink a milkshake.
Sabra Crochets <--There's actually stuff there now!
Sabra's Patterns <--New blog.

PLEASE do not PM me here; I'm trying to get better about visiting but sometimes months do pass. If you have a question you need answered before you die of old age, please e-mail me through my profile.

#4 benee16

benee16
  • Villager
  • 248 posts

• Joined 11-April 05

Posted 06 September 2005 - 12:53 PM

Ponchos are great too, because as they get older, they start pulling at the fabric and shifting it. Ponchos stay put because they are over your head and don't slip off. My daughter used to pull my wrap all the time, then I got smart!!!
Denise