• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gram

Gram

• Villager
  • 333 posts

• Joined 16-June 05

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

I'm looking for a pattern for a cover for chair arms and back. I can remember my Grandmother having these on her furniture. Recently, I had a friend ask if I could crochet a set for her. Of course, I said yes. Now...I need your help finding a pattern. She wants it antiquey (?-spelling). Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Gram

#2 lhendrix35

lhendrix35

• Villager
  • 1,061 posts

• Joined 19-October 08

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

They were called "anti" something.. what ever it was the greasy stuff men put in their hair. There are sites that have free vintage patterns. I havd a few, but I don't know if they are old enough for me to send.

#3 Empress Busy Bee

Empress Busy Bee

• Villager
  • 9,032 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

Antimacassar.
You'll find a few chair sets at CPC:

http://www.crochetpa.../home_decor.php

You can also take your favorite square pattern, make two and one larger for a set.

#4 Gram

Gram

• Villager
  • 333 posts

• Joined 16-June 05

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

I have learned something today ~ Antimacassar ~. Thanks! I love it when I learn something new. I will check out CPC.
Gram

#5 Titus2woman

Titus2woman

• Villager
  • 4,540 posts

• Joined 10-September 07

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

I still love that pineapple chair fan doily set, and it's available on Ravelry for free!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!~Mrs. James Hendry

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind.  Kind people give the people around them a hard time.  You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"