Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards

Now accepting nominations for Crochetville's 2014 Best of Crochet Awards through September 30, 2014.
Click here to submit your nominations.

Photo

Covers for Chair Arms and Back

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gram

Gram
  • Villager
  • 333 posts

• Joined 16-June 05

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:33 AM

I'm looking for a pattern for a cover for chair arms and back. I can remember my Grandmother having these on her furniture. Recently, I had a friend ask if I could crochet a set for her. Of course, I said yes. Now...I need your help finding a pattern. She wants it antiquey (?-spelling). Thanks ahead of time for your help.
Gram

#2 lhendrix35

lhendrix35
  • Villager
  • 1,024 posts

• Joined 19-October 08

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:04 AM

They were called "anti" something.. what ever it was the greasy stuff men put in their hair. There are sites that have free vintage patterns. I havd a few, but I don't know if they are old enough for me to send.

#3 Empress Busy Bee

Empress Busy Bee
  • Villager
  • 9,003 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

Antimacassar.
You'll find a few chair sets at CPC:

http://www.crochetpa.../home_decor.php

You can also take your favorite square pattern, make two and one larger for a set.

#4 Gram

Gram
  • Villager
  • 333 posts

• Joined 16-June 05

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:34 AM

I have learned something today ~ Antimacassar ~. Thanks! I love it when I learn something new. I will check out CPC.
Gram

#5 Titus2woman

Titus2woman
  • Villager
  • 4,540 posts

• Joined 10-September 07

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:58 AM

I still love that pineapple chair fan doily set, and it's available on Ravelry for free!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!~Mrs. James Hendry

I'm a Mary in a world of Marthas~Carol Barnier

I think you are too kind.  Kind people give the people around them a hard time.  You can't express yourself honestly, because you are worried about hurting other people's feelings, and that makes you miserable.~"Winter Sonata"