Photo

Purse/Tote Bag Swap -- Get 'em Mailed gals!!!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#41 faithpa76

faithpa76

• Villager
  • 6,723 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:54 AM

Man I am drooling over this one! I just don't think I'm up for another swap, especially one I've never done before ... I can't wait to see all the bags though!!

Faith ~ The Crocheting Cook

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

#42 craftimama

craftimama

• Villager
  • 1,560 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:33 AM

Well gals....we now have 29 signed up for the exchange! :cheerI have sent out a couple emails asking for more information from a couple people. Just get the info to me by the 25th signup deadline so I can assign you a partner. :)

Faith, we'll be doing another purse/tote swap in the spring.....so you can jump in on that one if you don't feel up to an exchange right now. :)

Hugs! Juli
My blog: http://www.julisjots.blogspot.com

Ravelry ID: woolieworm

RAOK 3, #2

#43 Mel2nsluvsCrochet

Mel2nsluvsCrochet

• Villager
  • 4,610 posts

• Joined 27-June 05

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:00 PM

One quick question: Would Dot's Ditty Bag count as a purse? I so do love that pattern.:yay

Melly (mel2ns)

#44 craftimama

craftimama

• Villager
  • 1,560 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 15 September 2005 - 02:01 PM

I went and looked at Dot's site, and sure, if your partner wants a small bag, I think that would work perfectly. Very cute!! :)

Hugs! Juli

RAOK 3, #2

#45 tcsgirl

tcsgirl

• Villager
  • 412 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:12 PM

I went and looked at Dot's site, and sure, if your partner wants a small bag, I think that would work perfectly. Very cute!! :)

Hugs! Juli

It would also make a nice surprise to put inside a larger bag if your partner would like a larger bag. You can still whip up Dot's small bag and send it inside a larger bag and SURPRISE your partner! Who wouldn't love to find something actually already INSIDE their bag, don't you agree? Now I'm getting ideas from that....:hook
Karla

My Blog: Karla's Korner

#46 crochetlady

crochetlady

• Villager
  • 692 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:16 PM

thats a cool idea!! thanks Karla!!

hugs
vims

#47 Yarnster

Yarnster

• Villager
  • 367 posts

• Joined 05-April 05

Posted 16 September 2005 - 03:34 AM

Ohh.. this sounds like fun!! I'm filling out the survey right now :cheer

I do have a few questions though :D

Do the purses/totes have to be lined? :think I can't line if my life depended on it. Past experiences have proven to be tragic when it comes to sewing without a sewing machine :eek

Do I have to spend a certain amount on yarn? How much? Since our wedding date has been moved back to a more convinient date for everyone, I can loosen up on the money and do something a little more fun and relaxing :devil

-Wendy
Blog.Yarnster.com Check out my blog. I'm in the process of moving things around and getting organized. Check back often as I update with pictures, links and project ideas.

The Last Knit
When knitting becomes an obsession. :)

#48 craftimama

craftimama

• Villager
  • 1,560 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:57 AM

Hi Wendy! Glad you joined us!

No, you don't have to line them. Your partner can always line it after she receives it. I'm not all that great with a needle and thread either! I tend to sew my fingers more than the fabric. :eek

No, there is no spending amount set for the yarn for the exchange. You will get an email with your partners preferences once I assign partners. It really depends what sort of bag you make and the size, and whether your buy yarn especially to make your exchange bag, or use something already in your stash.

Hugs! Juli

RAOK 3, #2

#49 CountryCrochet

CountryCrochet

• Villager
  • 207 posts

• Joined 21-July 05

Posted 16 September 2005 - 09:30 AM

My first swap YAY I'm excited :cheer

#50 Yarnster

Yarnster

• Villager
  • 367 posts

• Joined 05-April 05

Posted 16 September 2005 - 11:16 AM

Hi Wendy! Glad you joined us!

No, you don't have to line them. Your partner can always line it after she receives it. I'm not all that great with a needle and thread either! I tend to sew my fingers more than the fabric. :eek

No, there is no spending amount set for the yarn for the exchange. You will get an email with your partners preferences once I assign partners. It really depends what sort of bag you make and the size, and whether your buy yarn especially to make your exchange bag, or use something already in your stash.

Hugs! Juli

Awesome! I'm going to really enjoy this swap :manyheart I can't wait to get started :cheer

-Wendy
Blog.Yarnster.com Check out my blog. I'm in the process of moving things around and getting organized. Check back often as I update with pictures, links and project ideas.

The Last Knit
When knitting becomes an obsession. :)

#51 Amberfire3

Amberfire3

• Villager
  • 97 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 18 September 2005 - 10:18 AM

Ok I am in this sounds like fun

Be blessed
Mickie

#52 craftimama

craftimama

• Villager
  • 1,560 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:05 PM

I just updated the signup list.....we're up to 37 now! WooHoo!! I can't wait to see what everyone makes! :)

Hugs! Juli

RAOK 3, #2

#53 Celestial Seasonings

Celestial Seasonings

• Villager
  • 706 posts

• Joined 14-September 05

Posted 18 September 2005 - 05:39 PM

Yay yay yay, this is my first swap too and I'm sooooo excited! :cheer I already have a million ideas. . . yeeee!

#54 Mel2nsluvsCrochet

Mel2nsluvsCrochet

• Villager
  • 4,610 posts

• Joined 27-June 05

Posted 21 September 2005 - 07:01 PM

It would also make a nice surprise to put inside a larger bag if your partner would like a larger bag. You can still whip up Dot's small bag and send it inside a larger bag and SURPRISE your partner! Who wouldn't love to find something actually already INSIDE their bag, don't you agree? Now I'm getting ideas from that....:hook

I love that idea too!

Melly (mel2ns)

#55 CatsCradleCreations

CatsCradleCreations

• Emigrated from the Village
  • 1,702 posts

• Joined 13-April 05

Posted 21 September 2005 - 07:19 PM

Okay....one I thought I was going to skip, but I just signed up. This looks like a lot of fun and an opportunity to work in freeform for my partner! :devil

#56 craftimama

craftimama

• Villager
  • 1,560 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 22 September 2005 - 12:37 PM

Glad you joined us, Melissa!! :)

Hugs! Juli

RAOK 3, #2

#57 CatsCradleCreations

CatsCradleCreations

• Emigrated from the Village
  • 1,702 posts

• Joined 13-April 05

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:01 PM

For those of you who are self-proclaimed as "lining-challenged" and to everyone else who's teetering on the decision to line or not, consider this alternative.

Buy a canvas bag from Wal-Mart and use that as your lining. You can use freeform or make a bag to go over the canvas with minimal finger poking. For the "bag in a bag," simply make gussets to go around the handles of the canvas bag:

____|---|_____|---|____ where the |---| is the space for the handle and the ____ stitches are worked in the back loops of the last round. Then join your yarn and work at least two rounds of sc to attach the bag and fold your flap down into the bag. :manyheart

#58 JesseCat

JesseCat

• Villager
  • 1,025 posts

• Joined 02-May 05

Posted 22 September 2005 - 05:08 PM

Melissa - what a fabulous idea. A bag inside a bag...That would better than lining. I made a bag out of Lion suede and lined it in material and sewed it inside by hand and it all came apart....a bag would be good inside...tks. so much:cheer
Joanne

Half Moon Shawl CAL - Done
Spring Swap - Done
Summer Swap - Coming
Many Purses - Done
Summer Sweater - WIP

#59 kellyv

kellyv

• Villager
  • 1,022 posts

• Joined 22-March 05

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:20 AM

OK I tried soooooo hard to resist this!:sweat But I cant:D So I just sent my survey and I am in!!:devil I really tried to sit this one out but I just couldnt!:D It just seemed like to much fun!! Plus I have a few ideas for projects!:devil
kellyv
Stashbusting 2008 WTD +4 YTD +4

http://licraftgals-spot.blogspot.com/

#60 losingmymind2

losingmymind2

• Villager
  • 7,639 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:04 AM

:eek I tried..I really, truly honestly tried to resist this, but someone :devil MADE me do it..yeah that's it, the :devil made me do it. I'm in! :yay Like I need another project :think oh well, it'll be fun :manyheart

Kathy