Photo

Purse/Tote Bag Swap -- Get 'em Mailed gals!!!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#21 craftimama

craftimama

• Villager
  • 1,560 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:37 PM

A button is a small picture people can put on their blogs to show they are in the swap....just something fun. I have a whole slew of them on my page from C'ville exchanges. :) It just kinda shows people what you like to make/exchange, and gives C'ville a plug since people usually make them links to c'ville or the exchange thread. :)

Rebecca is a sweetie and she's making one for us. :)

Hugs! Juli
My blog: http://www.julisjots.blogspot.com

Ravelry ID: woolieworm

RAOK 3, #2

#22 LynxRufus

LynxRufus

• Villager
  • 153 posts

• Joined 31-July 05

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:50 PM

I'm in!

#23 RebeccaVelasquez

RebeccaVelasquez

• Villager
  • 5,524 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 05 September 2005 - 06:50 PM

ugh! - wanted to let you know, i have not forgotten about this button --- it's done... i'm just having a devil of a time shrinking it to the right size.....
hubby is supposed to sit down with me tonight and help :blush

#24 RebeccaVelasquez

RebeccaVelasquez

• Villager
  • 5,524 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 07 September 2005 - 07:53 AM

well - here it is - i'm not too pleased with it... can you even tell that there is a purse on it???
be honest - rather have something else? have a different 'vision' of what it should be? let me know.....

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/rebeccav/crochet/button1.jpg[/img]

just to show ya, this is where is started.... now can you see why i'm not too happy with the result?
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/rebeccav/crochet/button.jpg[/IMG]

#25 craftimama

craftimama

• Villager
  • 1,560 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:22 AM

Hey Rebecca! :) Thanks for making a button!! I think it looks just fine the way it is. You don't have to try something different unless you want to. I love the autumn leaves you put in!! :clap

Hugs! Juli

RAOK 3, #2

#26 aglarannaelf

aglarannaelf

• Villager
  • 230 posts

• Joined 20-July 05

Posted 08 September 2005 - 06:48 AM

well - here it is - i'm not too pleased with it... can you even tell that there is a purse on it???
be honest - rather have something else? have a different 'vision' of what it should be? let me know.....

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/rebeccav/crochet/button1.jpg[/img]

just to show ya, this is where is started.... now can you see why i'm not too happy with the result?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/rebeccav/crochet/button.jpg[/img]

The problem is that you lost a ton of qualitiy when you shrunk it. I hope you don't mind, but I went into Photoshop and tried to copy yours but make it better quality. I didn't have the same font, tho. Anyways, here is what I came up with:

[img]http://www.bsu.edu/web/jmsutton2/xangapics/button2.jpg[/img]
~ Jen :)

#27 Mel2nsluvsCrochet

Mel2nsluvsCrochet

• Villager
  • 4,610 posts

• Joined 27-June 05

Posted 08 September 2005 - 02:51 PM

arrrrrrrrgh! Why why why dost thou tempt me???? Due to uncontrollable urges to really sit down and crochet and to enjoy the idea of being in another swap.....I argued with myself and lost. Count me in. But please be a bit patient with me.
:goodorbad:devil

Melly (mel2ns)

#28 Katchkan

Katchkan

• Villager
  • 5,111 posts

• Joined 23-April 05

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:10 PM

Okay I have resisted this swap long enough. I wasn't going to do this to myself because of the timing, But what the Heck, I'll make time. :waving So count me in.

*** Kathy ***
www.crochetnbeads.com

The Threads to my heart are wrapped around a Hook
CrochetNBeadsEtsyShop
Crochetnbeadsblog

#29 faithpa76

faithpa76

• Villager
  • 6,723 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 09 September 2005 - 02:43 PM

I've never made a bag before. Well, except Dot's ditty bags, lol. I'm tempted but chicken ... I think I'm probably going to just watch this one out. And drool a lot, lol! :)

Faith ~ The Crocheting Cook

"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

#30 creativegoodness

creativegoodness

• Villager
  • 1,441 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:38 PM

I can't take it. I can't resist any more. I was browsing the crochet pattern central links for purses/totes, and there are so many cute ones I could make. I'm in. I'm going to fill in my survey now. :hook (oh and the fact that katchkan joined was major incentive as I love her work:lol )

#31 Irene

Irene

• Villager
  • 163 posts

• Joined 04-August 05

Posted 09 September 2005 - 03:53 PM

Yes!!! I want to participate too. It will be my first swap.

#32 craftimama

craftimama

• Villager
  • 1,560 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 11 September 2005 - 01:11 PM

I got a new purse/bag pattern book today to get me all ready for this exchange. :)

We have 22 people signed up so far....and probably a few more before sign up deadline on Sept 25th! This exchange should be a lot of fun!!

The blog button for the exchange is posted on the 1st message now for anyone who wants to put it on their blog. :)

I emailed a couple of people needing more information from them before I can assign partners to them......if you got an email, just get me the information by September 25th. :)

Hugs! Juli

RAOK 3, #2

#33 tcsgirl

tcsgirl

• Villager
  • 412 posts

• Joined 19-March 05

Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:12 AM

Make that 23 signed up, Juli, 'cause I'm going to go fill the survey right now! I just now happened upon this swap while perusing Crochetville! I don't know how I missed it. Did you post about this on your blog? I'm glad to see you coordinating it. You're a great girl!

Now to go fill out the survey! Count me in!
Karla

My Blog: Karla's Korner

#34 Mel2nsluvsCrochet

Mel2nsluvsCrochet

• Villager
  • 4,610 posts

• Joined 27-June 05

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:42 PM

Just a word of warning: I never felted or put material in a bag or purse before so when you pair me up with someone, please please please make it simple. Thanks

Melly (mel2ns)

#35 pinknightmare

pinknightmare

• Villager
  • 296 posts

• Joined 15-August 05

Posted 12 September 2005 - 05:22 PM

hooraay my first swap too!! i need a simple one too, i have never felted anything sooooo, please be kind, lol.

#36 aglarannaelf

aglarannaelf

• Villager
  • 230 posts

• Joined 20-July 05

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:28 AM

Just a word of warning: I never felted or put material in a bag or purse before so when you pair me up with someone, please please please make it simple. Thanks

Do we need to line them? Cuz I'm no good at sewing...
~ Jen :)

#37 LibiLou

LibiLou

• Villager
  • 362 posts

• Joined 20-June 05

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:45 AM

Do they have to be felted? I'm allergic to wool, so felting is out for me. But, I'm an excellent seamstress, so lining will be a breeze. :)

#38 craftimama

craftimama

• Villager
  • 1,560 posts

• Joined 18-March 05

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:54 AM

No, they don't have to be felted. :) And when you get your partner, just email them to remind them not to use wool. :)

Hugs! Juli

RAOK 3, #2

#39 Lorrie

Lorrie

• Villager
  • 396 posts

• Joined 27-August 05

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:06 AM

this sounds great it will also be my first one.
Www.trinitygiftstore.com

#40 LibiLou

LibiLou

• Villager
  • 362 posts

• Joined 20-June 05

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:21 AM

No, they don't have to be felted. :) And when you get your partner, just email them to remind them not to use wool. :)

Hugs! Juli

Oh, good! I have so many ideas. My latest that I'm thinking of is doing a granny square that has a daisy in the middle, joining them to make 2 squares and then crocheting a bottom and handles. I've started them, just to see what it looks like. I realize my partner may not want that, but I'm having fun making things up. :)