• Please log in to reply
9185 replies to this topic

#8061 imanurse55

imanurse55

• Villager
  • 17,525 posts

• Joined 01-March 09

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

Kuddles- Hope Baby K doesn't have strep again- but if she does, at least you'll get her started on medication! Have fun getting oriented to the new condo complex!!!

Thanks for the hook info and the 2 row addition to base info. Added those notes to the pattern and hopefully I can finish the RR and summer wrap today/night. Would like to start the SBT tomorrow! time will tell......

Joanne
Proud owner of Jelly Beans- Bag Lady #61!!(April 2011)

Make every day a good day!

#8062 krafty19

krafty19

• Villager
  • 2,830 posts

• Joined 24-March 09

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Mama K - hope Baby K is ok, good to get her in quick and get started on meds. Good luck on the orientation today. Wish I could find a job that quick!! I guess it's not time for me to move yet. So I'll just keep hanging on at my job.

Will be getting ready to go in a few minutes and be gone most of the day. Will take my crocheting to work on in the car.

Have a great day all!

Blessings,
Sherry
Turtle Tote Lady (May 2010)
Bag Lady #69 Mistletoe (Dec 2011)

WIP, Round Ripple Afghan for me
Prayer Shawls-21 completed

#8063 crabby rat

crabby rat

• Villager
  • 1,746 posts

• Joined 08-January 09

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

:hi everyone!!

Prayers going up for the bed-rest only mama of twins... :hug

:hug for everyone, and :manyheart also!

It's been a busy couple of days here - I did get most of the lawn mowed, and I am feeling it! It isn't so bad today, however my palms are still tender from pushing the lawnmower. LOL I had the mower up as high as it goes, and the grass was still long and thick enough to clog it up. :( Made it oh-so-fun to cut the grass! LOL I'm simply not used to this chore needing to be done this early...

We are on Spring Break this week!! WOOT!! Not too much in the way of any major plans - we have a tentative lunch/hang-out date planned with a very good friend, and we also have some tentative plans to go visit my Dad for a couple days. Also, my aunt Raedene is getting married Saturday and my brother and sister in law are having Easter dinner (they only live a couple blocks away, though, so no driving involved...) otherwise, I'm hoping for a relatively relaxed week of not having to get up to an alarm! :lol

Just wanted everyone to know I'm thinking of you!! Mama K, I hope that by moving and changing schools, maybe Baby K won't be exposed to the nasty germs!! The basket turned out great, I could easily see that as a decorative accent in a room! :D

My dollar investment didn't turn into millions, but that's okay - I figure I'm just not as ready as I think I am to be a millionaire!! :lol

Sending :hug to everyone, I know there was more I was going to respond to individually but now I can't remember (hate when that happens) so just know I have read everything and am all caught up now - thinking of you all!! Have a great weekend...

~ Melani ~
2014 Stashbusting CAL: WTD +0 / YTD +44 week ending 12/27/2014

Proud owner of Kuddlekubs Floating Flowers Bag!! (March 2011)

Officially inducted into the Bag Lady Club in May 2013 ~ #86 - Honey Bee

STASHBUSTING CAL totals:  2013 +88  2012 +27

#8064 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,009 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Good Morning! It is still morning! :D Didn't get any :crocheting done yesterday, just had a lazy day. I slept in until 9:30 this morning! :eek Poor little Juno was very happy to see her daddy come home from work! :lol Well, we aren't millionare's either. I guess it just wasn't our time :(. Just think of all the yarn you could buy though! :c9 :devil

Joanne, good luck working on your 2 projects! I know you want to get going on that SBT!!! :hook

Mama K, hope Baby K feels better soon. Good to get her looked at quickly and on meds if needed if it's strep. And enjoy the orientation at your new place! :cheer

Sherry, what colors/pattern are you making your gs's RR? Good luck to your DD! Wow, that was fast for a job offer! :lol And don't worry, you're time will come! :hug

Melani, hope your hands are feeling better! We're getting snow today, so hopefully DH has a reprive of lawnmowing for a bit more! :lol Although we have a riding mower, so it's not his hands he has to complain about! :lol
Sounds like you have a busy Spring break! Enjoy!

Sue, hope you are doing well! Is Bruce still enjoying the job?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! :hug

Ann
Compassionate Creations - scarves for survivors of abuse

proud owner of stitchgirl's tote Jan '11
proud owner of dorothysgirls' pen/pencil set Mar '11
proud owner of Old Time 4th of July-baglady #64
proud owner of Kuddlekubs Snow Capped Mountains Tote
My Rav ID - grannyanniek  
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

#8065 kuddlekubs

kuddlekubs

• Villager
  • 5,904 posts

• Joined 24-December 07

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

Kuddles- Hope Baby K doesn't have strep again- but if she does, at least you'll get her started on medication! Have fun getting oriented to the new condo complex!!!

Mama K - hope Baby K is ok, good to get her in quick and get started on meds.

:hi everyone!!

Mama K, I hope that by moving and changing schools, maybe Baby K won't be exposed to the nasty germs!!

Mama K, hope Baby K feels better soon. Good to get her looked at quickly and on meds if needed if it's strep.

Well quick update: orientation at the condo went great.

Baby K - has a double ear infection AND bad strep! On meds but gotta get back to her!

Thanks for all the caring! Mama K :manyheart you all!

"If I'm sitting, I'm crocheting!"
PROUD owner of Mary Jo's #62 Morning Mist tote!
Friendship Square Cal: 12" bright colors WW acrylic
My wish list is simple: Share a smile today!

My Etsy destash shop

#8066 imanurse55

imanurse55

• Villager
  • 17,525 posts

• Joined 01-March 09

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Oh, poor Baby K---hope she is feeling better real quick!!

Melani- Enjoy the spring break!!! Wish I got a spring break!!! Sounds like you should have a nice mix of doing things and down time!!!

Ann- Snow?? Guess March is going out like a lion in your neck of the woods. It's still raining here!

I finished the summer wrap from Caron's One Skein Summer wrap pattern- using some Mill End's yarn from AC Moore. Robins' egg blue is the color I call it, and my friend said she thinks it is I love this Yarn. Not sure, but it was nice to work with. My DD has claimed it (even though I started out making this for me) But that's ok!!:)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_7119.jpg

Joanne

#8067 kuddlekubs

kuddlekubs

• Villager
  • 5,904 posts

• Joined 24-December 07

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Thanks all, and Joanne the funny thing is, except for a completely non stop snotty nose, she isn't complaining! This has been my problem all along.......she gets ear infections and doesn't complain, then I take her and she has it bad! A fever is usually my first clue!

But she is pretty happy, been in pjs all day, watching videos and movies (only way I can keep her sitting to rest!). I'm doing laundry and house tidying.....

Mama K

My Etsy destash shop

#8068 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,009 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

Well quick update: orientation at the condo went great.

Baby K - has a double ear infection AND bad strep! On meds but gotta get back to her!

Thanks for all the caring! Mama K :manyheart you all!

Poor Baby K! Hope she's feeling better soon! :hug Glad the orientation went well!

Ann- Snow?? Guess March is going out like a lion in your neck of the woods. It's still raining here!

I finished the summer wrap from Caron's One Skein Summer wrap pattern- using some Mill End's yarn from AC Moore. Robins' egg blue is the color I call it, and my friend said she thinks it is I love this Yarn. Not sure, but it was nice to work with. My DD has claimed it (even though I started out making this for me) But that's ok!!:)

Yup, snow! Seems to me that March came in like a lion too! :think I'll have to check. I want the warmer weather back! :lol Your Summer Wrap is gorgeous! Can't blame DD for claiming it!

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

#8069 kuddlekubs

kuddlekubs

• Villager
  • 5,904 posts

• Joined 24-December 07

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

Thanks Ann, she's doing okay.......better than you think she would be!

Agreed, love that wrap Joanne! Great job!

Hope our Sue had a good day at work!

Mama K

My Etsy destash shop

#8070 FrLopLady

FrLopLady

• Villager
  • 4,862 posts

• Joined 20-January 10

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

Had a great day at the show today! Sweetbriar's Chocolate Kisses did very well again. She was Best of Breed in both shows. She won the breeders choice class (cash prize, breeders can only enter rabbits they bred). In the 2nd show she was runner-up in show..kinda like 2nd best..and I'll go with that! This was a bigger show with over 700 rabbits entered.

I have a picture, but have to get it off my phone yet!

Mary
E Washington State
Stashbustin' 2011 Final score -596, 2012! YTD -331
Stashbusting 2014 6/30/2014 YTD: +167

The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

#8071 imanurse55

imanurse55

• Villager
  • 17,525 posts

• Joined 01-March 09

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

Good morning!

Congratulations Mary!! :clap How exciting!!! Looking forward to seeing the picture!!

Seems to be another gray day out there today, but it's still dark out, so we'll see what the day holds.

Hope this morning finds Baby K doing well.

I started the wool SBT last night- and realized after about 10 rows that instead of going up one hook size, I had gone up 2!! Wasn't about to frog, so we'll see how this goes!

Joanne

#8072 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,009 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

Good Morning Everyone! Looks like I'm back on my old schedule, I've been up all night! This stinks! :( I'm going to go take a shower in a few minutes and hopefully catch a few minutes sleep after that! The good news......I have a few more saved/printed to try out! :lol Hope you all have a great day!

Mama K, hoping that Baby K is feeling better this morning! :hug

Sue, how ya doing?

Had a great day at the show today! Sweetbriar's Chocolate Kisses did very well again. She was Best of Breed in both shows. She won the breeders choice class (cash prize, breeders can only enter rabbits they bred). In the 2nd show she was runner-up in show..kinda like 2nd best..and I'll go with that! This was a bigger show with over 700 rabbits entered.

I have a picture, but have to get it off my phone yet!

Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing the pic! :clap

Good morning!

Seems to be another gray day out there today, but it's still dark out, so we'll see what the day holds.

Hope this morning finds Baby K doing well.

I started the wool SBT last night- and realized after about 10 rows that instead of going up one hook size, I had gone up 2!! Wasn't about to frog, so we'll see how this goes!

I looks sort of cloudy out here too, but it could just be my eyesight this morning! :lol Looking forward to seeing your SBT!!! It must be huge if you went up 2 hooks sizes!

BBL! :hug

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  

#8073 TurtleLvr

TurtleLvr

• Villager
  • 8,812 posts

• Joined 03-April 09

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

We're remodeling my craft room aka "The Woman Cave". So when I get home from work I go in and do some stuff. Making me really worn out, but I'm so excited to get it done!

Ann, I hope you get some rest from your company. :hug

Joanne, the sun will come out today...at 6pm. :lol

Mama, I hope sis is feeling better quick! :hug

Mary, congrats!! :cheer

Hi Tonya and Melani and everyone else! :)

:turtle:vheart
Sue
My Ravelry Shop
Bag Lady #47 March Madness 2010
Potholder of the month Dec. 2009
Pencil of the month April 2011
Perfect afghan winner April 2011
2012 Stashbusting Score: WTD (+2), YTD (+28), 2011 YTD: -184

#8074 kuddlekubs

kuddlekubs

• Villager
  • 5,904 posts

• Joined 24-December 07

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Good morning!

Woot Mary!

Joanne - hi! Your wool SBT will be great, not as big as mine, but bigger than with the original size hook....can't wait to see it!

Sue - sounds like you are a busy girl this weekend! You'll have to post pix when you are done!

Ann - sorry you are on that schedule! Poor thing! Hope you can get some kind of rest today!

Hi to all my other peeps!

Thanks for asking, Baby K is actually doing okay! She now has 3 doses of meds in her, and also is not as 'full' in her nose which is a big thing since she can't breathe! Today she sees her godmother briefly to get her easter gifts.....of course that is making Baby K very happy!

Mama K

My Etsy destash shop

#8075 imanurse55

imanurse55

• Villager
  • 17,525 posts

• Joined 01-March 09

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

We're remodeling my craft room aka "The Woman Cave". So when I get home from work I go in and do some stuff. Making me really worn out, but I'm so excited to get it done!

Joanne, the sun will come out today...at 6pm. :lol

:lol:lol Sue, you are probably right about the sun:lol
Have fun remodeling your "Woman Cave" Wish I had one! Although I have been claiming the family room bit by bit- and skein by skein!:lol

Good morning!

Woot Mary!

Joanne - hi! Your wool SBT will be great, not as big as mine, but bigger than with the original size hook....can't wait to see it!

Sue - sounds like you are a busy girl this weekend! You'll have to post pix when you are done!

Ann - sorry you are on that schedule! Poor thing! Hope you can get some kind of rest today!

Hi to all my other peeps!

Thanks for asking, Baby K is actually doing okay! She now has 3 doses of meds in her, and also is not as 'full' in her nose which is a big thing since she can't breathe! Today she sees her godmother briefly to get her easter gifts.....of course that is making Baby K very happy!

Mama K

Glad to hear Baby K is doing better!!! And I'll bet she is super excited to see her godmother!

I think I won't get to felting till next Saturday since DH has some errands he wants to do and wants to take me to a cafe where they have live music- he said- you can bring your crochet along!

I've finished the "V"'s and did 3 rows of SC and ready to start the handles on the SBT.

Since I've never felted before, I'm asking for tips and advice, links, anything you can provide to help me with the felting:hug

Joanne

#8076 grannyannie

grannyannie

• Villager
  • 12,009 posts

• Joined 25-November 07

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

WOOHOO!!! I bet the "Woman Cave" is gonna be great! :cheer Hope you post some pics when it's done!

Good morning!

Mama K

Glad Baby K is feeling some better today. It's amazing what a couple of doses of meds can do! That and getting some presents! :lol

Ann

My Rav ID - grannyanniek  

#8077 kuddlekubs

kuddlekubs

• Villager
  • 5,904 posts

• Joined 24-December 07

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Since I've never felted before, I'm asking for tips and advice, links, anything you can provide to help me with the felting:hug

Do you have the copy of my felted bag pattern I put out for free? If not, let me know your personal email address and I'll send you the pdf....at the end of it, I spell out felting and you could use that for Sue's bag as well....just let me know!

Mama K

My Etsy destash shop

#8078 tonyal

tonyal

• Villager
  • 1,892 posts

• Joined 29-August 08

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

good morning everyone.
I spent the weekend cheering torin's robotics team on. they made it to the quarter finals of the competition and took home the judges award. unfortunately they didnt make it to the state comp. but he had a blast and joining the team got him to really enjoy school more and this has been his best year so far. keldon will probably join him next year so even more cheering:cheer I am sad to see the season end.
well my brunch is almost done. and i have homework to do today before i head out to my sisters and hang with the family to watch wrestlemania.
hope everyones day goes well.
ps hope baby K is feeling much better.
and congrats mary.
PROUD Baglady #74 May Blooms
wish list

#8079 imanurse55

imanurse55

• Villager
  • 17,525 posts

• Joined 01-March 09

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Do you have the copy of my felted bag pattern I put out for free? If not, let me know your personal email address and I'll send you the pdf....at the end of it, I spell out felting and you could use that for Sue's bag as well....just let me know!

Mama K

Thanks, Mama! Sent you a PM!:hug

Joanne

#8080 imanurse55

imanurse55

• Villager
  • 17,525 posts

• Joined 01-March 09

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

good morning everyone.
I spent the weekend cheering torin's robotics team on. they made it to the quarter finals of the competition and took home the judges award. unfortunately they didnt make it to the state comp. but he had a blast and joining the team got him to really enjoy school more and this has been his best year so far. keldon will probably join him next year so even more cheering:cheer I am sad to see the season end.
well my brunch is almost done. and i have homework to do today before i head out to my sisters and hang with the family to watch wrestlemania.
hope everyones day goes well.
ps hope baby K is feeling much better.
and congrats mary.

Glad you had a good weekend so far and that Torin's Robotics Team made it to the quarter finals and got the judges award:clap Whatever it takes to get them to enjoy school more is so worth it. My niece did Robotics in HS and this year she is graduating with both her BS and MS in Engineering! Robotics started her on that path!

Joanne