Photo

How do you match up bead size with thread?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Katchkan

Katchkan
  • Villager
  • 5,111 posts

• Joined 23-April 05

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:03 AM

Your E beads are a size 6 bead.
Doing crocheted ropes can be a bit fustrating in the beginning. But I love the look. I do have free instructions on my website if you care to take a look. I have directions for the slip stitch ropes and also how to do them with regular sc.
I use a dritz looped needle threader to put my beads on the thread or a collapsible beading needle. either make it easier to put the smallest bead possible on a given thread. I easily string size 11 beads on size 10 thread with these.

how can I find out what size thread/yarn to use with a certain size bead? Right now I have 60g beads( don't know the size) and I am totally lost as to how to get started. I have some size 10 thread and some ww yarn. Can some one help me please??!! I would like to crochet with size 10 thread and am also looking for some type of thread/string/yarn that is durable. My first project is to make myself a keychain.

Ok, on the front of the beads it says
2.1 oz 60g glass beads
On the back in little print it says:
60 grm glass E-bead cry rainbow

so I guess I have 3 packs of size e glass beads. lol

*** Kathy ***
www.crochetnbeads.com

The Threads to my heart are wrapped around a Hook
CrochetNBeadsEtsyShop
Crochetnbeadsblog

#22 Flia

Flia
  • Villager
  • 768 posts

• Joined 02-January 08

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

5 beads per row is what I mostly use.

#23 Patty222

Patty222
  • Villager
  • 6 posts

• Joined 09-July 09

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

For Craftylady1956 and others who are new to bead crochet, for size 11/0 beads I like to use a heavy duty sewing thread usually used for decorative top stitching. It is heavier than regular sewing thread and the size hook I use is about a #10 steel. I look for the polyester or cotton wrapped polyester threads for durability. A size 20 or 30 crochet cotton is fine and should work with size 11/0 beads but 100% cotton will weaken and stretch over time. For #10 bedspread weight cotton a size 6/0 (aka E) bead will fit very nicely onto the thread. I hope this helps. I have made many crochet bead ropes and once you get used to the technique it is very addicting.

Patty

#24 craftylady1956

craftylady1956
  • Villager
  • 1,514 posts

• Joined 10-September 06

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

Thanks--I must've tried at least 75 times--I've worked with crochet and beads before but never the ropes. I have used different beads sizes, thread sizes etc and still I could not get it to look right..the thread always shows. In any photos I see -I never see any thread showing..

Finally packed it all up and hope one day soon to pull it all out again and tried some more. I want to learn this so bad...:(

My Raverly Patterns

Lorraine

Very Proud Bag Lady #88 Fireworks-- July 2013 Thank you Mary Jo
The 'ville is a magical place where busy hands create some amazing things and the friends made here are very special.♥

#25 integrative123

integrative123
  • Villager
  • 12 posts

• Joined 20-August 12

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Flia, Thanks for the information.