• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#1 peachykeencrochet

peachykeencrochet

• Villager
  • 100 posts

• Joined 27-January 11

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

I think it would be fun to use up your scrap yarn and make a granny square a day! If you want to work on a motif granny, or a full sized granny square afghan, or just make a bunch of granny squares and put them together for a scrap ghan, this is the crochet along for you! You can use any color and any patterns you like as long as the general squares you make is a granny square, or a form of a granny square!

Links to some fabulous granny patterns:

http://www.bevscount...m/grannies.html

http://www.crochetca...anny_square.htm

http://www.crochetma...2009_patt1.html

Edited by peachykeencrochet, 03 March 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#2 teakaycee

teakaycee

• Villager
  • 7,844 posts

• Joined 14-February 08

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:15 PM

Okay... I'm in...................
I have 2 done and need to make one for today to be caught up.
ScrapGranny'ghan.jpg
I want to make this to use up scraps and make a fun afghan for the house.

:heart
:mug

<><Tam

blog: Coffee n' Crafts

online store: MyFlowerGrounds

.::Proud Navy Mom::.

Collecting: Round Ripple Prayer Blankets ~Stocking caps ~12"squares

Wish List - group 8 - post 19

*Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Prov. 3:5 & 6

#3 peachykeencrochet

peachykeencrochet

• Villager
  • 100 posts

• Joined 27-January 11

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:48 PM

Those are pretty! yay!

#4 segi1974

segi1974

• Villager
  • 4,535 posts

• Joined 04-November 06

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

I like how you are putting them together while you are doing them. Are there instructions on how to do this while you do them? I have a lot of scrap yarn and maybe I could do this

Okay... I'm in...................
I have 2 done and need to make one for today to be caught up.
[ATTACH]35859[/ATTACH]
I want to make this to use up scraps and make a fun afghan for the house.

50 Book Challenge for 2014   1/50

50 Book Challenge for 2010 38/50
50 Book Challenge for 2011 5/50

Bag Lady #27 The Olympian
Potholder of the Month of November 2009
Turtles April 2010 TLC tote

Making baby blankets for St. Mary's Medical Center in Langhorne, Pa.   If you would like to donate a baby blanket or baby hats, please send me a PM for my address, any help would be appreciated.  I take them to the NICU at least once a month depending what I can get done by myself.

#5 teakaycee

teakaycee

• Villager
  • 7,844 posts

• Joined 14-February 08

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:08 PM

Those are pretty! yay!

Thanks!!!

I like how you are putting them together while you are doing them. Are there instructions on how to do this while you do them? I have a lot of scrap yarn and maybe I could do this

if you google "join as you go method" you'll find several different instructions/tutorials on how to this way. I've taken a couple different instructions and altered them to my own need... but the basics are the same.

<><Tam

*Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Prov. 3:5 & 6

#6 peachykeencrochet

peachykeencrochet

• Villager
  • 100 posts

• Joined 27-January 11

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:26 PM

I do believe one of the links I provided shows how to connect them, or you can do a google or youtube search and Im sure you'll find some.

#7 katyallen8090

katyallen8090

• Villager
  • 11,816 posts

• Joined 30-July 10

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:38 PM

ok, im in too. So, march 3, i need three of them today?

Come and visit us on the Granny square forum     just a bunch of   friendly squares to chat with and create with!!

ima bag lady!! 
Collecting any size or color grannys for my new ghan project.

#8 smith

smith

• Villager
  • 1,294 posts

• Joined 06-January 08

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:41 PM

2/31 done....hopefully get caught up tonight watching tv with dh.
~Susan

#9 peachykeencrochet

peachykeencrochet

• Villager
  • 100 posts

• Joined 27-January 11

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

LOL Smith - you don't have to do them all at once, the point of the cal is to do 1 a day. And yeah 3 for now! Then after that just 1 a day! <3 But if you want to start a major project that you can finish that's cool too!

#10 smith

smith

• Villager
  • 1,294 posts

• Joined 06-January 08

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

LOL not all 31 tonight! Boy, that does read wrong doesn't it!
~Susan

#11 p.s.warrington

p.s.warrington

• Villager
  • 417 posts

• Joined 24-January 11

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:27 PM

I think it would be fun to use up your scrap yarn and make a granny square a day! If you want to work on a motif granny, or a full sized granny square afghan, or just make a bunch of granny squares and put them together for a scrap ghan, this is the crochet along for you! You can use any color and any patterns you like as long as the general squares you make is a granny square, or a form of a granny square!

Links to some fabulous granny patterns:

http://www.bevscount...m/grannies.html

http://www.crochetca...anny_square.htm

http://www.crochetma...2009_patt1.html

I LOVE granny's and I have two little girl afghans to make for easter for my husbands neices and I have 3-4 baby afghans to make....1 for a girl at work and a few for the NICU so this will hopefully keep me motivated. Question for you all: The girl at work is pregnant and doesnt really like pastels or "baby colors" she likes primarys and neutral colors that would go for either sex, she is not finding out the sex of the baby. I found red heart "Super Soft" in Wine, off white and black and thought I would create 40 grannies and use the simply simple -pattern from freepatterns.com that is posted here, but what do you think of the (Wine, black and off white?) not so sure about the black for a baby..... but I think the colors would be stunning.
Penny:c9

#12 solaceinmusic

solaceinmusic

• Villager
  • 2,428 posts

• Joined 16-July 09

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:45 PM

I have a project I started awhile ago (7 years ago actually LOL). I've got all the squares done except the black rounds. Could I used this as my project and finish the black rounds on a square per day? Think this might a actually give me the kick I need to FINISH this project. I think I've got about 30 or so left to put black on...
Current: rainbow granny squares, fluffy ripple

Wishlist

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. ~Franklin P. Jones

#13 SharonB551

SharonB551

• Villager
  • 95 posts

• Joined 07-March 09

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:26 AM

If you just like to make granny squares and don't want to put them together, here is a charity organization (tax deductable) where you can donate your squares - I emailed and asked - they will take any squares over 4 inches, and in any type of yarn except rug yarn.
http://onlineangels....obeanAngel.html

#14 katyallen8090

katyallen8090

• Villager
  • 11,816 posts

• Joined 30-July 10

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:28 AM

Solaceinmusic, I don't think anyone would object to that, as I understand it, the idea is to have fun and finish SOMETHING, lol what a great motivator for you! I have a few Im using for this purpose, just had to put a couple more rows on, as I always have a bag of yoyo's and or saltines(?two rounders, )so just used a few of these, it's March 5, and I have 5 done, so Im all caught up! :cheer:hook
I will definately infuse the partials and saltines I already have on hand first, then if needed, will begin making them from the beginning!

5/31 = 26 to go! :cheer

Edited by katyallen8090, 26 March 2011 - 09:36 PM.

Come and visit us on the Granny square forum     just a bunch of   friendly squares to chat with and create with!!

ima bag lady!! 

#15 smith

smith

• Villager
  • 1,294 posts

• Joined 06-January 08

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

If you just like to make granny squares and don't want to put them together, here is a charity organization (tax deductable) where you can donate your squares - I emailed and asked - they will take any squares over 4 inches, and in any type of yarn except rug yarn.
http://onlineangels....obeanAngel.html

That is who I"m doing my squares for this month! :hook I adore the first new charity pattern on the blog, I"m going crazy with it! I know it by heart.
~Susan

#16 teakaycee

teakaycee

• Villager
  • 7,844 posts

• Joined 14-February 08

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:54 PM

Okay kids................ I have my 4 done to be current with the month.
ScrapGranny'ghan.2.jpg

I'm going to make 30 squares then spend the last day putting a nice border around it.
so far...so good! :hook

<><Tam

#17 smith

smith

• Villager
  • 1,294 posts

• Joined 06-January 08

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

:lol it's a visual illusion, it looks like the squares are getting bigger and bigger!
~Susan

#18 teakaycee

teakaycee

• Villager
  • 7,844 posts

• Joined 14-February 08

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

:lol it's a visual illusion, it looks like the squares are getting bigger and bigger!

LOL... its the colors of squares and the angle I snapped the pic. :D

<><Tam

#19 katyallen8090

katyallen8090

• Villager
  • 11,816 posts

• Joined 30-July 10

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:48 PM

Oh those are great! I love them, and thanks for sharing, I love to see the vast diverness, (is that a word) in all our squares, I have never met a granny square I didn't like! Thats a great idea, the online angels, I think I have donated there before, I may do that too. Or make a couple smaller lapghans for the nursing home, not sure yet!

ima bag lady!! 

#20 p.s.warrington

p.s.warrington

• Villager
  • 417 posts

• Joined 24-January 11

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

Okay kids................ I have my 4 done to be current with the month.
[ATTACH]35944[/ATTACH]

I'm going to make 30 squares then spend the last day putting a nice border around it.
so far...so good! :hook

:heart:mug

I made 5 wine and black grannies for my center stripe they are 3 rounds....so tomorrow I will take a photo, I will be creating the blanket as I go too... I am using a pattern called granny square crib afghan.... not sure yet how it will look, that the surprise lol
Penny