This pattern has not been tested. Correction to ties made - 6-3-10 (Note: this size fits a baby that wears 6-9 months size. I plan to make one with a larger hook to get a larger bib.)
VEST TYPE BABY BIB
© 2010 KATY RAVENSONG
G or H crochet hook (I crochet loosely and used a G)
1 (2 ounce = 56.7 g) ball of Peaches & Crème Cotton Yarn – shaded greens used in bib in photo
1. HDC in 3rd ch from hook and in ea ch across. Ch 2. Turn.(27 HDC not counting turning chain).
2. HDC in back loop only (BLO) of each st across. Ch 2. Turn.
3 -11. Repeat row 2
12. HDC in 1st 6 sts. Ch 2. Turn.
13 – 20. HDC in each st across. Ch 2. Turn.
21. HDC in each st across. End off.
Turn bib over. Attach yarn with HDC in top of chain 3 of row 11 on unworked side. HDC in next 6 sts. Ch 2. Turn.
Repeat rows 13 – 20.
Repeat row 21 but do not end off. Ch 12. Sl st across the first row 21 you worked. Ch 2.
22. HDC in ea st and ch across. Ch 2. Turn.
23 – 31. HDC in BLO of ea st across. Ch 2. Turn.
32. HDC in BLO of ea st across. Ch 1. SC evenly around whole bib. Join with sl st to 1st sc. Break off and fasten.
Attach yarn to neck edge of bib. SC evenly around edge. Join with sl st to 1st sc. Break off and fasten.
Work in loose ends.
Attach yarn with sc to 2nd row of bib. Ch 30. Break off and fasten. Repeat on corresponding rows front and back until you have four ties.
Edited by Katy_Ravensong, 03 June 2010 - 11:01 AM.
to fix error