• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alnee

Alnee
  • Villager
  • 277 posts

• Joined 24-November 09

Posted 27 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

My mom used to make granny square stockings for us and I loved them. She can not remember how to sew them together though and I have not had a chance to dig them out.

I did in searching the other day find a pattern for a hexagon stocking for free and for the life of me can not find it again. I really thought that I had bookmarked it but I guess I did not.

Does anyone have a good link to a stocking that would allow me to use 3 colors? Hubby and I picked out colors today (he won... non-traditional colors it will be for us :( )

#2 RecycleCindy

RecycleCindy
  • Villager
  • 2,267 posts

• Joined 09-February 07

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:47 PM

I found this free crochet pattern link for a granny square stocking. You might check out this link at CPC too. There were other links but are bad now due to Hometown closing down and that may have been where your other pattern was.
:ctree
Cindy
My Recycled Bags.com
My website dedicated to recycling & crafting
Free patterns for recycled crafts and more!

~Proud to be Bag Lady #78 - School Daze, Sept 2012~

#3 eyrthmother1

eyrthmother1
  • Villager
  • 1,240 posts

• Joined 02-May 06

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:45 PM

crochet cabana had a xmas ornament stocking that is shaped like a pentagon. i've made a few for my customers as gifts for xmas and they do look like a stocking. if you keep going on size, it may still be usable as a more full size stocking. the only addy on it was
www.crochetcabana.com but not straight to the pdf. sorry

Sandy

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart
WIP:Pent Shawl, soft sage,my pristess's elevation to 3rd degree (fin 7-17-07),
Scrap yo-yo afghan (comb the scrap CAL w/ the yo-yo CAL) 360 done, bkmks for local hospital's cancer fl staff, 2sub ghan, friend fam. squ scrp ghan
bl & wh dbl strand afghan for bf's bday (fin 7-19-07)

wishlist

#4 Alnee

Alnee
  • Villager
  • 277 posts

• Joined 24-November 09

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for the links! The first one is very similar to the ones my mom made. I was searching on my phone last night on the way home from her house and found another picture of the stocking that shows the toe a little different that I like and will probably end up doing. The other one I found I thought was pentagon but now I am wondering if it was hexagon maybe and it was sewn together just like the granny square one. It was just something a little different than what I grew up with... Although since the hubby won on the non-traditional colors I may want to keep some tradition in my stocking :)

Thanks for the help! This board is great!!!!!

Alnee

#5 sarisue

sarisue
  • Villager
  • 1,313 posts

• Joined 20-January 07

Posted 28 November 2009 - 09:36 AM

[quote=Alnee I did in searching the other day find a pattern for a hexagon stocking for free and for the life of me can not find it again. >> a stocking that would allow me to use 3 colors? [/quote]

There's one here

stocking

#6 Alnee

Alnee
  • Villager
  • 277 posts

• Joined 24-November 09

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

ooooooo... I like that one a lot too!!!! Now to make the decision! hmmmmmmm... Thanks so much for posting the link for me!

#7 crochet.sandie

crochet.sandie
  • Villager
  • 469 posts

• Joined 08-June 05

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:03 AM

I found this hexagon stocking if you're still looking. It is knitted but the placement would be the same if you used crocheted ones, I would think.
http://www.berroco.c...n_stocking.html

The stocking made with one pentagon is made similar to this one, but uses 5 shells rather than 6 and no fold over lip. I use 3 chains between my shells but 2 should work fine as well.
http://www.wikihow.c...istmas-Stocking