Photo

Is there a standard baby burp cloth size?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crochetbydiana

crochetbydiana
  • Villager
  • 282 posts

• Joined 14-April 09

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:53 AM

I'm making a variety of items for NIN (Newborns in Need) and as I get bored with umpteen of one item I change to a different project. grin

Thinking about burp cloths at the moment. Plus have my ongoing projects going, too.

Is there a standard size? Best size?
Diana
~Different Strokes For Different Folks~

#2 leaette

leaette
  • Villager
  • 735 posts

• Joined 28-June 07

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:01 PM

most regular burb cloths are good old fashioned cloth diapers. they sell them in fun colors.

i'm not sure if a crocheted burp cloth will do the job though. don't mean to sound yucky or anything. i used alot of burp cloths for my son because he had really bad acid reflux. we had them all over the house for when he spit up.
most cotton cloths don't wipe up liquid spills well unless they are wet (like in a dishcloth). if i wipe with my cloths when they are dry, it kinda soaks up liquid but not perfectly. hope that makes sense.

you could always make one and give it to a new mother to get her review on it. my son is 2 so i can't test it out for you.

good luck.
my blog: www.myvintagecrochet.com
my WISH list
my ETSY store

#3 crochetgirl21

crochetgirl21
  • Villager
  • 232 posts

• Joined 17-October 07

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:06 PM

I have made burp cloths for years. Most Moms seem to like the bigger ones because then Dads will take a turn:) I have always used flannel and would not recommend anything else because most other fabrics won't absorb.

Good Luck!

#4 crochetbydiana

crochetbydiana
  • Villager
  • 282 posts

• Joined 14-April 09

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:40 AM

Thanks, I appreciate the replies. I was thinking more as a shoulder protector then a spit rag. I decided to start a length that went from neck to over arm edge. 3 inches into it I lost interest and thought a purchased terry towel would work as well or as mentioned here here diapers.

Thanks for the replies. Turning back to more hats, booties, sweaters. smile
Diana
~Different Strokes For Different Folks~